Primary Care and Women's Health
Key Topics and Core Strategies
10-Night French Riviera Cruise Conference
from Barcelona, Spain to Venice, Italy
September 18 - 28, 2017
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
4 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Dr. Evans has been a family physician and educator for thirty years. After six years in a rural family practice in South Carolina, he moved to Florida to begin teaching, as an Associate Director in the Florida Hospital Family Practice program in Orlando. In 1994, he accepted the position of Director of the Bayfront Medical Center's Family Practice program in St. Petersburg and was program director for seven years. In 2002, he accepted the position of Director of Medical Education at St. Anthony's Hospital. He also works in the St. Anthony's wound center, is a member of the Palliative care team at St. Anthony's and has a private practice. He is board certified in Family Medicine, Sports Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Palliative Care.
Originally from San Clemente, California, Dr. Evans attended Occidental College in LA, then St. Louis Medical School in Missouri, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude. His family practice residency was at University of Missouri, Columbia where he was a Chief Resident. Dr. Evans tries to play the guitar poorly, and loves water sports. He teaches extensively at the national FP meetings with a special interest in exercise testing.Bruce D. Shephard, MD, FACOG
Dr. Shephard is Affiliate Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, Florida. He serves as a Regional Physician Informaticist for BayCare Health System. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of California, Berkeley, attended medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, and completed his Ob-Gyn residency at the University of Miami, Florida.
A former McCain Fellow at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Dr. Shephard is principal author of "The Complete Guide to Women's Health." and a frequent speaker and writer on women's health issues. He previously served as president of the Hillsborough County Medical Association and is member of the HCMA Board of Trustees. Dr. Shephard serves on medical advisory boards for Wellcare and AVMed HMOs and is a medical reviewer for EQ Health Solutions, which contracts with the Agency for Health Care Administration, Florida. A 2009 selectee of the Marquis' Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare, he currently serves as a Regional Physician Informaticist for BayCare Health System.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Hormonal Alternatives in Managing Menopause: 2015 Guidelines from The North American Menopause Society.
- Treating and Screening for STD’s: Current CDC Guidelines
- Managing Abnormal Pap Smears: 2015 Guidelines from ASCCP
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Newer Terminology and Management
- Update on Hormonal Contraception
- Communicating with Patients: Medical Writing, Health Literacy, Medical Websites and More
- Medications and Pregnancy-an Overview of Current Useage
- Case studies in thyroid disorders
- Screening for Coronary and Vascular Disease
- Evaluating Heart murmurs in Kids and Adults.
- Reducing Medical Errors
- Exercise and Exercise prescription
- Case studies in Palliative care and Pain Management
- Eat to Live, what is the healthiest diet?
- Discuss with patients the elements of the healthiest diet
- Learn to sell exercise as a "drug" to help patients live longer
- Determine when to institute thyroid replacement
- Assess and manage thyroid nodules
- Assess patients using global assessment tools to decide who will benefit from aggressive primary or secondary prevention
- Describe the types of heart murmurs that are pathological
- Describe when to order a prolactin level and how prescribe testosterone
- Describe five techniques to reduce medical errors
- Apply current techniques of endometrial ablation as a viable alternative to hysterectomy
- Utilize an evidence-based algorithmic approach for managing abnormal PAP smears
- Utilize current CDC guidelines in managing STDs
- Evaluate various contraceptive options to provide contraceptive counseling on an individual basis
- Identify drugs to avoid, drugs to use, and drugs to consider in pregnancy
- Apply current hormone therapy guidelines to menopausal patients on and individual basis
- Assess and utilize objective health information from a range of internet sources
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Mon Sep 18||Barcelona, Spain
|Tue Sep 19||Sète, France
||7:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Wed Sep 20||Toulon (Provence), France
||7:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Thu Sep 21||Nice (Villefranche), France
||7:00 am||4:00 pm|
|Thu Sep 21||BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA
|Fri Sep 22||Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
||7:00 am||7:00 pm|
|Fri Sep 22||VIENNA, AUSTRIA
|Sat Sep 23||Naples (Pompeii/Salerno/Capri), Italy
||7:00 am||8:00 pm|
|Sat Sep 23||WEISSENKIRCHEN – GREIN
|Sun Sep 24||At Sea - Cruising
|Sun Sep 24||LINZ
|Mon Sep 25||PASSAU, GERMANY – VILSHOFEN
|Tue Sep 26||Valletta, Malta
|Tue Sep 26||VILSHOFEN – DISEMBARKATION
|Wed Sep 27||At Sea - Cruising
|Thu Sep 28||Venice, Italy
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.