9-Night Greek Isles Cruise
Round-trip Rome (Civitavecchia),Italy
October 16 - 25, 2017
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
1½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME -No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and International Medicine, USF Health Morsani College of Medicine.
Dr. Jose Montero received his medical degree from the University of South Florida. He completed his Internal Medicine residency in 1996 at Duke University Medical Center. Upon finishing his fellowship training in Infectious Diseases, he joined the faculty at the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine in 1998. Dr. Montero is an Associate Professor of Medicine and is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases.
Dr. Montero has been involved in many activities mostly emphasizing his abilities both as a clinician and educator. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. In 2004, he was appointed to the President's Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS (PACHA).
Dr. Montero's main interests include hospital acquired infections as well as HIV. He is an avid proponent of antimicrobial stewardship, and initiated the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program at Tampa General Hospital in 2010.
Kevin T. Stephan, MD, FACP
Chief of Infectious Diseases and Chief of Medical Specialties Essentia Health St. Mary's Medical Center
Dr. Stephan currently serves as Chief of Infectious Diseases and Chief of Medicine at Essentia Health St. Mary's Medical Center and is an Infectious Diseases physician for the Essentia Health East System, which includes appointments on staff at St. Mary's Medical Center and Miller Dwan Medical Center as well as the Infectious Diseases outpatient clinic. Dr. Stephan is a graduate of the University of Minnesota Medical School. He did his Internal Medicine residency training and Infectious Diseases fellowship training at Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX. Dr. Stephan retired after 23 years of military service, completing his service after 13 years of active duty in the Minnesota Air National Guard, as a Critical Care Internist and Infectious Diseases physician in the rank of Lt Colonel, and is a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom, having deployed after 9/11 in support of U.S. forces.
Dr. Stephan has significant experience in Infectious Diseases practice, as well as clinical HIV research, and educational speaking. He has held academic appointments at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda MD and Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center in St Louis, MO at the rank of Assistant Professor. He has given numerous talks on a variety of infectious disease topics both in the military and as a civilian clinician, and is highly sought after as a speaker within the Essentia Health system as a subject matter expert. He is also actively engaged in the education of Family Medicine residents in the Duluth Family Medicine Residency.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Lyme Disease
- Infections in returning travelers
- C. Difficile
- Diabetic Foot Infections
- Effects of the Human Microbiome on health and disease
- Emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases
- Overcoming antimicriobial resistance
- Recognize symptons/signs of disease
- Explain role/interpretation of testing
- Optimize evidence based treatment of lyme
- Infections in returning travelers:
- Recognize common presentations of infections in returning travelers
- Appreciate importance of itinerary/ travel history in determining which infections are likely
- C. Difficile:
- Discuss changing epidemiology of C. Difficile
- Understand risk factor for acquiring infection
- Explain current and future treatments and management of relapses
- Diabetic foot infections:
- Discuss importance of diabetic foot infections
- Recognize polymicrobial nature
- appreciate the importance of multi-disciplinary approach to management and under-recognition of Osteomyelitis
- Effects of human microbiome
- Explain the role of norma flora in maintenance of health
- Discuss ways in which altered flora can contribute to immune problems and illness
- Emerging and re-emerging infections diseases:
- Increase awareness of newly emerging and re-emerging infections and factors that contribute to their development in human populations
- Overcoming antimicrobial resistance
- Understand global spread and gravity of multi-drug resistant organisms and risk factors for their emergence
- Comprehend importance of antibiotic stewardship in slowing development of antimicrobial resistance
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Mon Oct 16||Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
|Tue Oct 17||At Sea
|Wed Oct 18||Souda (Chania), Crete, Greece
||10:00 am||7:00 pm|
|Thu Oct 19||Mykonos, Greece
||7:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Fri Oct 20||Rhodes, Greece
||7:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Sat Oct 21||Santorini , Greece
||7:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Sun Oct 22||Athens (Piraeus), Greece
||6:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Mon Oct 23||At Sea
|Tue Oct 24||Naples, Italy
||7:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Wed Oct 25||Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.