Islamic Medical Association of North America
50th Annual and Scientific Assembly Convention
"Medicine in Turbulent Times"
7-Night Western Mediterranean Cruise Conference
Round-trip Barcelona, Spain
July 23 - 30, 2017
Up to 8 Hours of CME
Course Fee - $350 per attendee (This activity is only for IMANA Members)
Course fee is fully refundable (minus CC transaction fee) up until April 15th
Cancellation after April 15th will result in a $50 penalty plus CC transaction fee
IMPORTANT NOTE : IMANA Welcomes all its members, their families and friends to its 50th Anniversary Cruise. To be part of this group, you must register through Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea ® at 800-422-0711 or by registering online . All registrations are subject to IMANA's final approval.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Abstracts must be of interest to physicians of all specialties. No presentation will be allowed without an abstract submission. Abstracts that do not conform to the guidelines as set forth in this document may be rejected.
- Abstracts may be sent via paper or electronic submission (preferred). Please e-mail your abstract in an attachment to an e-mail in Microsoft Word (.doc) format. All electronic submission MUST be accompanied by a paper submission as well and must reach IMANA Headquarters on or before April 15, 2017. There will be no exceptions. Please include your CV with submission.
- The information requested on the abstract form and in the instructions must be included with submission of the abstract.
- Abstracts that are submitted to IMANA will not be returned to the author(s), even if they are not accepted.
- All presenters must be registered for the Medical Conference and Convention
- Authors will be notified of the decision on the abstract in a timely manner. Depending on number of abstracts accepted, some might be encouraged to present their presentation as poster presentation.
- Electronic submissions are preferred, providing the typed material does not exceed the space limitation on the abstract form.
- The first author will be listed as the presenter unless specified otherwise.
Abstracts that will be given Preference:
- Affordable Care – Pros and Cons
- Zika Virus Infection and its challenges
- Stem Cell Therapies for different diseases
- Unconscious Bias in Healthcare
- Challenges in Medical Management of a Diverse Population
All Fields of the Abstract must meet the requirements of the Abstract Guidelines.
Islamic Medical Association of North America
101 W. 22nd Street, Suite 106, Lombard, IL 60148
Phone: 630 932 0000 | Fax: 630 932 0005
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org  Web: http://www.imana.org
Abstracts must be written in English. Each abstract must be in structured format with headings
- Objective: An introductory statement indicating the purpose of the study
- Design: Worded description of the study designContent
- Materials and methods: A description of the experimental procedure and analysis
- Results: Summary of the findings
- Conclusions: A statement of the conclusions from the results
The abstract must be typed, single-spaced, with heading (title of paper) flush with the left margin of the abstract box. After the title, the presenting author’s name should appear first (if possible) followed by names of additional authors. List no more than first two initials followed by last name for each author. Institutional affiliations (including city, state, and country) should follow the list of authors. When multiple authors from different institutions/departments are listed, each institution/department must be identified. Academic degrees are to be omitted. Charts and diagrams are not permitted in the abstract, but a simple table is acceptable providing it does not exceed the allocated space for the abstract. Font size must be no smaller than 10 point.
The presenting author and necessary contact information must be identified on the abstract form as indicated, if not the first author is presumed.
All abstracts must be received at IMANA headquarters on or before April 15th, 2017
Failure to present policy
Authors, listed, as the CME committee will notify presenters, who submitted abstracts to IMANA, of the decision in a timely manner. The presenters of accepted abstracts will be asked to sign a statement that he/she has agreed to present the paper at the convention. Delegates whose abstracts are accepted for presentations and who fail to present or fail to arrange for a co-author to present will not be considered for future presentations at the IMANA meetings for the following two years.
All delegates, including presenters, must register for the Medical Conference by completing the registration form and paying the registration fees.
This educational activity is designated for maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category I Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sun Jul 23||Barcelona, Spain
|Mon Jul 24||Provence (Marseille), France||9:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Tue Jul 25||Nice, France
||7:00 am||7:00 pm|
|Wed Jul 26||Florence (La Spezia), Italy||7:00 am||7:00 pm|
|Thu Jul 27||Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy||7:00 am||7:00 pm|
|Fri Jul 28||Naples, Italy||7:00 am||6:30 pm|
|Sat Jul 29||At Sea
|Sun Jul 30||Barcelona, Spain||6:00 am||-|
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.