Topics in Critical Care and Pulmonary Medicine
11-Night Japanese Explorer Cruise Conference
Round-trip Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan
April 15 - 26, 2018
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Dr. Rumbak is a Professor of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care & Occupational Medicine in the Department of Internal Medicine, at the University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida. He is the Director of Bronchoscopy & Chief in the Clinical Research Unit, Pulmonary & Critical Care at James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital, Tampa, Florida.
Dr. Rumbak is from Johannesburg, South Africa, where he went to medical school and did his residency and Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical care medicine. He came to the US IN 1987, spent five years at the University of Tennessee in Memphis, and then came to the University of South Florida in Tampa. Dr Rumbak's main interest is interventional pulmonary medicine, including pulmonary arterial hypertension. He is the Governor for Florida for the American College of Chest Physicians. He is a full professor and is on staff at four hospitals including the James A Haley Hospital, Tampa General Hospital and Florida Hospital, Tampa.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Recognize and Diagnose Asthma
- Workup an asthmatic
- Treatment according to 2017 GINA Guidelines
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Appreciate, Diagnose and treat COPD according to 2017 GOLD International Guidelines
- Workup COPD patients
- Severe asthma
- Learn the newer biologicals drugs
- Understand Bronchial-thermoplasty
- Understand how to prevent severe asthma
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- PAH is not a rare disease and the audience will be able to diagnose and manage the patients
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF)
- Understand IPF
- Diagnose and treat IPF
- Community- Acquired Pneumonia (CAP)
- Diagnose CAP
- Prevent CAP
- Treat CAP
- Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia
- Prevent VAP
- Diagnose VAP
- Treat VAP
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- New Understanding for this form of cardiorespiratory support
- Manage the patients
- Vit C and S for the Treatment of Septic Shock
- Understand the history of steroid usage in Septic Shock
- Appreciate the treatmnet of Septic Shock
- Fluid Management in Septic Shock
- After diagnosis the role of fluid resuscitation to get blood pressure up and its complications
- Understand the role of ethics in medicine
- Case presentation will be explained to highlight points
- Pulmonary Embolus
- How to prevent
- How to diagnose
- How to treat PE
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) initial diagnosis was 50 years ago
- Diagnose ARDS
- Understand the treatment and controversies
- Respiratory failure
- Diagnose Respiratory failure
- Treat Respiratory failure
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sun Apr 15||Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan
|Mon Apr 16||Mt. Fuji (Shimizu), Japan
||8:00 am||4:00 pm|
|Tue Apr 17||Kobe, Japan
|Wed Apr 18||Kobe, Japan
|Thu Apr 19||Kochi, Japan
||7:00 am||3:00 pm|
|Fri Apr 20||Nagasaki, Japan
||1:00 pm||8:00 pm|
|Sat Apr 21||Busan, South Korea
||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Sun Apr 22||At Sea - Cruising
|Mon Apr 23||Aomori, Japan
||9:00 am||7:00 pm|
|Tue Apr 24||At Sea - Cruising
|Wed Apr 25||Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan
|Thu Apr 26||Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.