Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing Care
7-Night Exotic Western Caribbean Cruise Conference
Round-trip Tampa, Florida
January 27 - February 3, 2018
14 Contact Hours
Course Fees: $695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Perinatal Clinical Nurse Specialist
Shelora has worked in acute care obstetrics for over 35 years. She has extensive experience caring for high-risk antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum women and their neonates.
Throughout her career, she was drawn to researching and implementing best practice and educating perinatal health care providers. Shelora also has a passion for educating pregnant women and their families and taught childbirth education for many years.
For the past fifteen years, Shelora has been practicing as a perinatal clinical nurse specialist in a high-risk acute care setting. Currently practicing in a six hospital system, the clinical nurse specialist role provides her with the leadership opportunity to promote integration of evidence-based practices to optimize maternal/neonatal outcomes and inform perinatal health care policy.
Pat Scheans DNP, NNP-BC
Pat is a neonatal nurse practitioner with over 30 years of experience caring for newborns and their families. She holds a master's degree with an education specialty and her doctorate in nursing practice. Her favorite time of life is the first 5 minutes, and she teaches widely on neonatal resuscitation.
She is a published author and editor, and helped develop a telemedicine program for newborn resuscitation support. She enjoys travel to low resource countries to train instructors for Helping Babies Breathe, Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and the STABLE program.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
Shelora Mangan DNP, CNS, RNC-OB, EFM-C
- Nitrous Oxide in Labor
- Review the evidence related to the benefits and risks of nitrous oxide use for labor pain management
- Describe the recommended method for providing safe and effective administration of nitrous oxide to laboring women
- Discuss reported women's satisfaction with nitrous oxide as a pain relief measure during labor
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring Application in Nursing Management of Labor
- Discuss strategies to support physiologic labor and potentially decrease the cesarean delivery rate
- Discuss the principles of maternal/fetal physiology that impact uteroplacental blood flow and identify recommended interventions to optimize maternal/fetal oxygenation
- Discuss the use of the Category II Algorithm
- Care of the Bleeding Patient
- Identify three antepartum risk factors for potential bleeding.
- Discuss nursing management of the bleeding antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum patient.
- Discuss the recommended pharmacologic and medical management for the hemorrhaging patient.
- Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy
- Identify three categories of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.
- Discuss the potential impact of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy on both the woman and her fetus.
- Discuss the pharmacologic management of severe hypertension in pregnancy.
- Caring for the Pregnant Diabetic Patient
- Differentiate between the normal metabolic alterations of pregnancy and diabetes in pregnancy
- Discuss maternal and fetal implications of diabetes in pregnancy
- Describe nursing management of the pregnant diabetic patient
Pat Scheans DNP, NNP-BC
- Perinatal and Neonatal Risk Factor Assessment
- Normal and Abnormal Newborn Transition
- Intrauterine Drug Exposure
- The "Golden Hour" for VLBW Infants
- Newborn Developmental Care & Pain Management
- Preterm Nutrition
- Neurology/Seizures/Neuro Assessment
- Surgical Emergencies
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sat Jan 27||Tampa, Florida
|Sun Jan 28||At Sea - Cruising
|Mon Jan 29||George Town, Cayman Islands
||7:00 am||3:00 pm|
|Tue Jan 30||Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan, Honduras
||10:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Wed Jan 31||Belize City, Belize
||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Thu Feb 01||At Sea - Cruising
|Fri Feb 02||Cozumel, Mexico
||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Sat Feb 03||Tampa, Florida
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.