Topics in Women's Health and Primary Care
7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Conference
Round-trip Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
October 21 - 28, 2017
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
4 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, & Doctors of Pharmacy
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME -No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
South Shore Hospital
Former Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
Boston University School of Medicine
Chief of Medicine
South Shore Medical Center/part of South Shore Health System Norwell, MA
Larry R. Glazerman, MD, MBA
Larry R. Glazerman completed medical degree at Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia and residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, PA.
In May 2010 he received an MBA in Healthcare Administration from DeSales University, in Center Valley, PA.
He is board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology, and also certified in laparoscopy and hysteroscopy by the Accreditation Council for Gynecologic Endoscopy. His special expertise and interest is minimally invasive gynecologic surgery as well as family planning.
From 2008 ‐ 2012, he was faculty at the USF Morsani College of Medicine in Tampa, and was director of an AAGL sponsored Minimally Invasive GYN Surgery Fellowship at USF He is currently the medical director at Planned Parenthood of Delaware, and is clinical associate professor of Ob-Gyn at his alma mater, Jefferson Medical College. He is a member of numerous professional societies, including the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, AAGL ‐ Advancing Miminally Invasive Gynecology Worldwide, and the International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy, where he served on the board of directors from 2008 ‐ 2011.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- The annual women exam- where are we now ?
- Reassess the need and value of the annual women exam
- Life after cancer- what is the PCP's role ?
- Assist the patient after survivorship to overcome obstacles in diagnosis
- Osteoporosis 101
- Educate the PCP on how to interpret and manage bone density readings
- Breast mass or not- that is the question
- Educate the PCP on how to interpret and manage mammogram results based on case presentation
- Women having sex with women- are we doing enough?
- Identify and address barriers to optimal health care
- Needle stick injuries
- Manage and treat body fluid exposures in outpatient settings
- Options for obesity
- Describe current trends in managing obesity in primary care settings.
- Evidence Based Medicine
- To describe the basic principles underlying evidence based medicine and critical analysis
- To evaluate point estimates of risk and associations
- To evaluate whether an association represents a causal link
- To understand the pathophysiology and etiology of primary and secondary amenorrhea
- To develop a simple, cost-effective method for diagnosing the various types of amenorrhea, using procedures available to all physicians
- To understand the different disorders that cause amenorrhea
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Discuss the incidence and impact of abnormal uterine bleeding
- Appreciate the new PALM-COEIN classification for abnormal uterine bleeding
- Describe therapeutic options, medical and surgical
- Understand relative success rates of options
- Contraceptive Options
- Describe the benefits, risks, and side effects of long-acting reversible contraceptive methods.
- Identify potential candidates for long-acting reversible contraception.
- Discuss myths and other potential barriers to the use of long-acting reversible contraception.
- Identify various options for Emergency Contraception and their appropriate use
- Pregnancy of Unknown Location
- Explain the steps in the evaluation of a pregnancy of unknown location
- Describe ultrasound findings of intrauterine and ectopic pregnancies
- Counsel about management options for pregnancies of unknown location
- HPV - Epidemiology, Screening, and Prevention
- Appreciate the epidemiology of HPV disease in women
- Describe current guidelines for cervical cancer screening
- Understand management algorithms for abnormal screening results
- Apply current recommendations for HPV prevention with vaccine
- Menopause, Hormone Therapy, and the WHI-What Have we Learned?
- Appreciate the physiology of menopause
- Explain the findings and faults of the Women's Health Initiative
- Apply current knowledge about menopause to treatment of patients
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sat Oct 21||Fort Lauderdale, Florida
|Sun Oct 22||Nassau, The Bahamas
||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Mon Oct 23||At Sea - Cruising
|Tue Oct 24||Cozumel, Mexico
||8:00 am||7:00 pm|
|Wed Oct 25||Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico
||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Thu Oct 26||At Sea - Cruising
|Fri Oct 27||At Sea - Cruising
|Sat Oct 28||Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.