Topics in Urology, Chronic Pain Management, and Palliative Medicine
7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Conference
Round-trip Fort Lauderdale, FL
October 7 - 14, 2017
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Staff Physician, The Cleveland Clinic Medical Center, Solid Tumor Oncology, Division of Palliative Medicine, Cleveland, OH
Vincent Harisaran, MD
Assistant Professor in Surgery (Urology)(Clinical)
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Dr. Harisaran completed his urology training at the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and stayed on for a mini-fellowship in Men's Health/Sexual Function and Andrology. He has joined the clinical faculty in 2013 and is actively involved in resident training and education, including curricular development and exam preparation for their written and oral qualifying exams.
He is board-certified in general urology but his practice focuses on Sexual Dysfunction/Andrology. He is a faculty at the Miriam Hospital Men's Health Center, where he serves as a mentor for the Male Infertility/Sexual Function/Andrology fellowship. Dr. Harisaran is a member of the urology staff at Rhode Island Hospital, The Miriam Hospital, Providence VA Medical Center, Women & Infants Hospital and Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island.
Dr. Harisaran is very passionate about teaching. Prior to medical school he taught high school in the inner-city of New York for three years. He worked for the Office of the Dean of the College at Brown University where he served as the Director of the Curricular Resource Center for six years. In this role he worked closely with undergraduate students to develop independent studies and engage in experiential learning opportunities.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Chronic Pelvic and Abdominal Pain
- Diagnosis of Headache Pain
- Opioid Addiction and Pain Medicine
- Pharmacology of prescribed opioids in medical illness
- Treatment of Common Headache Syndromes
- Depression and Medical illness
- Better discuss epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of chronic pain syndromes.
- Better able to ascertain pertinent items from history and physical as well as use of adjunctive tests to diagnose headaches.
- Better understand the relationship between opioids and addiction as well as current treatments of opioid use disorder
- Better understand the diagnosis and treatment of fibromyalgia and other similar rheumatological diagnosis.
- Better understand the use and pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of prescribed opiods.
- Better understand the current data for treatment of common headache disorders including migrane, tension headaches and chronic daily headaches.
- Better identify and understand the role of depression in medical illness as well as appropriate pharmacology and therapy techniques.
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
Nurse Practitioners can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed aanpcert.org/ptistore/control/recert/ce_opps.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sat Oct 07||Fort Lauderdale, Florida
|Sun Oct 08||At Sea
Lectures 8:00 am‐12 Noon
|Mon Oct 09||At Sea
Lectures 9:00am‐ 12 Noon; 1-4 pm
|Tue Oct 10||Philipsburg, St. Maarten
||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Wed Oct 11||San Juan, Puerto Rico
||7:00 am||3:00 pm|
|Thu Oct 12||Labadee, Haiti
||9:30 am||6:00 pm|
|Fri Oct 13||At Sea
8:00 am‐12 Noon
|Sat Oct 14||Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.