Topics in Allergy and Immunology
12-Lead ECGs and Arrhythmias:
Diagnosis and Treatment
7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Conference
Round-trip Fort Lauderdale, Florida
September 17 - 24, 2017
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Dr. Stewart received a B.S. degree in chemistry from Lambuth College in Jackson, TN and a B.S. degree in pharmacy from the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy in 1979. After practicing pharmacy at the Methodist Hospitals of Memphis for five years he returned to the University of Tennessee College of Medicine and received his M.D. degree in 1988. He then completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Tennessee in 1991, then completed a fellowship in Allergy and Immunology at the University of South Florida in 1993. He completed a fellowship in Clinical Laboratory Immunology at the University of South Florida in 1994. He then joined Allergy and Asthma Care of Florida in Ocala, FL in 1994 where he continues to see patients and conduct clinical trials.
Dr. Stewart is board-certified by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology where he currently serves on the Rhinitis, Rhinosinusitis and Ocular Allergy Committee. He is also a fellow of the American College of Allergy, A sthma and Immunology. Dr. Stewart is a past-president of the Florida Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society and is a member of the American Medical Association, the Florida Medical Association and the Marion County Medical Society. Dr. Stewart also has an appointment as Affiliate Professor of Medicine in the Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology at the University of South Florida in Tampa where he volunteers his time. He is also the President of the Marion County Medical Society (through August 2016).
Ken Grauer, MD
Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine
College of Medicine, University of Florida
After a 30-year career as full-time family medicine faculty at the University of Florida, College of Medicine - Dr. Grauer is now Professor Emeritus. He is primary author of over 10 books, and a leading primary care educator over the past 3 decades with literally hundreds of national presentations in various cardiology topics for primary care physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and other paramedical audiences. Dr. Grauer remains as busy as ever in "retirement" - working on numerous ECG/ACLS/Arrhythmia projects in book, ePub and on-line format.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Understand the anatomy of the Paranasal Sinuses
- Explain the pathophysiology of Acute and Chronic Rhinosinusitis
- Understand the clinical presentation and diagnosis of Acute Chronic Rhinosinusitis
- Determine cost-effective treatment
- Explain the varied mechanisms and presentations of Anaphylaxis
- Describe appropriate treatment
- Explain the importance of maintaining proficiency in Anaphylaxis management
- Discuss the pathophysiology of Asthma
- Discuss how Asthma symptoms do not always corralate with Asthma severity
- Explain step care guideline Asthma management
- Explain the mechanisms of the cough reflex
- Describe the most common causes
- Describe empirical trials of therapy
- Explain the pathophysiology of Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Describe other eye abnormalities with similar symptoms
- Determine appropriate treatment
- Explain the different types of allergic and non-allergic Rhinitis
- Describe conditions that mimic Rhinitis
- Determine appropriate evaluation, diagnostic studies and treatment plans
- Explain the various types of reaction to an insect sting
- Describe appropriate treatment for each
- Determine which patients should be referred to an allergist
As a result of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Systematically interpret any ECG in a way that picks up major abnormalities and identifies all potentially important findings.
As a result of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Systematically interpret any Arrhythmia in a way that picks up major abnormalities and identifies all potentially important findings.
Dr. Grauer will be providing each attendee with a very detailed course syllabus that includes five free pocket books, authored by him, which consolidate the educational material and contain Practice Exercises with detailed Explained Answers. There will be additional hard copy handout materials, as well as reference pdf files that cover all that will be discussed during Dr. Grauer's sessions. .
Additional topics under development
Dr. Grauer's Pocket Brain Books You'll Receive (His GIFT to You! ):
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
Nurse Practitioners can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed aanpcert.org/ptistore/control/recert/ce_opps.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sun Sep 17||Fort Lauderdale, Florida
|Mon Sep 18||Nassau, Bahamas
||7:00 am||2:30 pm|
|Tue Sep 19||Cruising
|Wed Sep 20||Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
||10:00 am||7:00 pm|
|Thu Sep 21||Philipsburg, St. Maarten
||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Fri Sep 22||Cruising
|Sat Sep 23||Cruising
|Sun Sep 24||Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.