7-Night Classical Danube River Cruise Conference
from Budapest to Passau, Germany
April 19 - 26, 2018
10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
7 Live Contact Hours and 3 Hours of Classroom Pre-study
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Larry R. Glazerman completed medical degree at Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia and residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, PA.
In May 2010 he received an MBA in Healthcare Administration from DeSales University, in Center Valley, PA.
He is board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology, and also certified in laparoscopy and hysteroscopy by the Accreditation Council for Gynecologic Endoscopy. His special expertise and interest is minimally invasive gynecologic surgery as well as family planning.
From 2008‐2012, he was faculty at the USF Morsani College of Medicine in Tampa, and was director of an AAGL sponsored Minimally Invasive GYN Surgery Fellowship at USF He is currently the medical director at Planned Parenthood of Delaware, and is clinical associate professor of Ob-Gyn at his alma mater, Jefferson Medical College. He is a member of numerous professional societies, including the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, AAGL‐ Advancing Miminally Invasive Gynecology Worldwide, and the International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy, where he served on the board of directors from 2008 - 2011.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Evidence Based Medicine
- To describe the basic principles underlying evidence based medicine and critical analysis
- To evaluate point estimates of risk and associations
- To evaluate whether an association represents a causal link
- To understand the pathophysiology and etiology of primary and secondary amenorrhea
- To develop a simple, cost-effective method for diagnosing the various types of amenorrhea, using procedures available to all physicians
- To understand the different disorders that cause amenorrhea
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Discuss the incidence and impact of abnormal uterine bleeding
- Appreciate the new PALM-COEIN classification for abnormal uterine bleeding
- Describe therapeutic options, medical and surgical
- Understand relative success rates of options
- Contraceptive Options
- Describe the benefits, risks, and side effects of long-acting reversible contraceptive methods.
- Identify potential candidates for long-acting reversible contraception.
- Discuss myths and other potential barriers to the use of long-acting reversible contraception.
- Identify various options for Emergency Contraception and their appropriate use
- Pregnancy of Unknown Location
- Explain the steps in the evaluation of a pregnancy of unknown location
- Describe ultrasound findings of intrauterine and ectopic pregnancies
- Counsel about management options for pregnancies of unknown location
- HPV - Epidemiology, Screening, and Prevention
- Appreciate the epidemiology of HPV disease in women
- Describe current guidelines for cervical cancer screening
- Understand management algorithms for abnormal screening results
- Apply current recommendations for HPV prevention with vaccine
- Menopause, Hormone Therapy, and the WHI-What Have we Learned?
- Appreciate the physiology of menopause
- Explain the findings and faults of the Women’s Health Initiative
- Apply current knowledge about menopause to treatment of patients
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Creditstm. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Thu Apr 19||Budapest
Check -In : 4:00 PM (Overnight)
|Fri Apr 20||Budapest
Meet: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
|Fri Apr 20||Esztergom, Hungary
||6:30 pm||8:00 pm|
|Sat Apr 21||Bratislava, Slovakia
||8:00 am||11:00 pm|
|Sun Apr 22||Vienna, Austria
|Mon Apr 23||Vienna, Austria
|Mon Apr 23||Dürnstein, Austria
Meet: 12:00 pm - 3:00pm
|8:00 am||12:00 pm|
|Mon Apr 23||Melk/ Emmersdorf, Austria
||3:00 pm||7:00 pm|
|Tue Apr 24||Linz, Austria
||7:00 am||8:30 am|
|Tue Apr 24||Aschach
||11:00 am||11:30 am|
|Tue Apr 24||Passau, Germany
||5:00 pm||6:30 pm|
|Wed Apr 25||Regensburg, Germany
Meet: 7:00 am - 10:00 am
|10:00 am||8:00 pm|
|Thu Apr 26||Passau, Germany