Primary Care and Women's Health
Key Topics and Core Strategies
7-Night Hawaii Cruise Conference
Round-trip Honolulu, Oahu
January 12 - 19, 2019
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
3 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, & Doctors of Pharmacy
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Dr. Evans has been a family physician and educator for thirty years. After six years in a rural family practice in South Carolina, he moved to Florida to begin teaching, as an Associate Director in the Florida Hospital Family Practice program in Orlando. In 1994, he accepted the position of Director of the Bayfront Medical Center's Family Practice program in St. Petersburg and was program director for seven years. In 2002, he accepted the position of Director of Medical Education at St. Anthony's Hospital. He also works in the St. Anthony's wound center, is a member of the Palliative care team at St. Anthony's and has a private practice. He is board certified in Family Medicine, Sports Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Palliative Care.
Originally from San Clemente, California, Dr. Evans attended Occidental College in LA, then St. Louis Medical School in Missouri, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude. His family practice residency was at University of Missouri, Columbia where he was a Chief Resident. Dr. Evans tries to play the guitar poorly, and loves water sports. He teaches extensively at the national FP meetings with a special interest in exercise testing.Bruce D. Shephard, MD, FACOG
Affiliate Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida
Regional Physician Informaticist
BayCare Health System
Dr. Shephard is Affiliate Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, Florida. He serves as a Regional Physician Informaticist for BayCare Health System. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of California, Berkeley, attended medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, and completed his Ob-Gyn residency at the University of Miami, Florida.
A former McCain Fellow at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Dr. Shephard is principal author of "The Complete Guide to Women's Health" and a frequent speaker and writer on women's health issues. He previously served as president of the Hillsborough County Medical Association and is member of the HCMA Board of Trustees. Dr. Shephard serves on medical advisory boards for Wellcare and AVMed HMOs and is a medical reviewer for EQ Health Solutions, which contracts with the Agency for Health Care Administration, Florida. A 2009 selectee of the Marquis' Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare, he currently serves as a Regional Physician Informaticist for BayCare Health System.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Hormonal Alternatives in Managing Menopause: 2015 Guidelines from The North American Menopause Society.
- Treating and Screening for STD’s: Current CDC Guidelines
- Obesity and Pregnancy
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Newer Terminology and Management
- Update on Hormonal Contraception
- Communicating with Patients: Medical Writing, Health Literacy, Medical Websites and More
- Medications and Pregnancy-an Overview of Current Useage
- Case studies in pituitary and adrenal problems
- Eat to Live, how to prolong your life by what you eat
- Exercise and Exercise prescription
- Case studies in common thyroid disorders
- Screening patients for Coronary Artery Disease and risk stratification
- Screening for Cancer in our Patients
- End of life care and palliative care
- Know the best recommendation on healthy eating and diets to prolong your patients lives.
- Know the value of various degrees of exercise and how to encourage its use
- Master the approach to hyper and hypothyroidism, nodules and goiter
- Use algorithms to detect and evaluate the most common pituitary and adrenal problems
- Master the available tests to screen for and assess coronary artery disease in our patients
- Incorporate the current cancer screening recommendations into your practice with your patients
- Utilize practical approaches to helping patients at end of life make the best decisions and how to support them
- Apply current techniques of endometrial ablation as a viable alternative to hysterectomy
- Apply contemporary strategies in managing risks associated with obesity in pregnancy.
- Utilize current CDC Guidelines in managing sexually-transmitted disease
- Evaluate contraceptive options to provide a personalized approach to contraceptive counselling
- Identify meds to use, meds to avoid, and meds to consider in pregnancy
- Apply current hormone therapy guidelines to menopausal patients using an individualized approach
- Assess and utilize objective health information from a range of internet sources
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sat Jan 12||Honolulu, Hawaii
Lectures: 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
|Sun Jan 13||Kahului, Maui (Overnight)
|Mon Jan 14||Kahului, Maui
Lectures: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
|Tue Jan 15||Hilo, Hawaii
Lectures: 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
|8:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Wed Jan 16||Kona, Hawaii
Lectures: 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
|7:00 am||5:30 pm|
|Thu Jan 17||Nawiliwili, Kauai
|Fri Jan 18||Nawiliwili, Kauai
Lectures: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
|Sat Jan 19||Honolulu, Hawaii
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.