7-Night Scandinavia and Russia Cruise Conference
Round-trip Stockholm, Sweden
July 15 - 22, 2018
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
3 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists & Doctors of Pharmacy
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Dr. Shephard is Affiliate Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, Florida. He serves as a Regional Physician Informaticist for BayCare Health System.
He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of California, Berkeley, attended medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, and completed his Ob-Gyn residency at the University of Miami, Florida.
A former McCain Fellow at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Dr. Shephard is principal author of "The Complete Guide to Women's Health." and a frequent speaker and writer on women's health issues. He previously served as president of the Hillsborough County Medical Association and is member of the HCMA Board of Trustees.
Dr. Shephard serves on medical advisory boards for Wellcare and AVMed HMOs and is a medical reviewer for EQ Health Solutions, which contracts with the Agency for Health Care Administration, Florida. A 2009 selectee of the Marquis' Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare, he currently serves as a Regional Physician Informaticist for BayCare Health System.
Barry Verkauf, MD, MBA, CPE
Affiliate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
USF Morsani College of Medicine; Tampa, FL
Dr. Verkauf trained at The Johns Hopkins Hospital and started the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology at The University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine in Tampa, Florida.
He initiated the IVF Program responsible for Florida's first IVF birth in 1985. He practiced for 40 years in Tampa founding The Reproductive Medicine Group, one of the state's most successful REI private practices while remaining on the USF part-time faculty rising to the rank of Professor.
He obtained an MBA from USF College of Business in 1997, represented The American Society of Reproductive Medicine as delegate to the AMA for the past 15 years and recently received Marquis Who's Who Lifetime Achievement Award as a leader in the healthcare industry.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Newer Terminology and Management
- Managing Cytologic Abnormalities Using Current ASCCP Guidelines
- Treatment and Screening for STD's
- Update on Hormonal Contraception: The Move toward LARC
- Medications and Pregnancy: an Overview with new FDA Guidelines
- Hormonal Alternatives in Managing Menopause
- Communicating with Patients: Medical Writing, Health Literacy, Medical Websites and More
- Evaluation of infertility
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- The state of ART
- The Big "O" - Osteoporosis
- Aging, Androgens, Sexuality, and Such
- Leiomyomata uteri – changing concepts in treatment
- Work, Women, Fertility, and Family
- Apply current techniques of endometrial ablation as a viable alternative to hysterectomy
- Utilize an evidence-based algorithm for managingPap smear abnormalities
- Use current CDC Guidelines in managing sexually-transmitted diseases
- Evaluate contraceptive options to provide a personalized approach to contraceptive counselling
- Identify medications to use, those to avoid, and those to consider in pregnancy
- Apply current guidelines to menopausal patients using an individualized approach
- Assess, utilize and provide objective health information from a range of internet sources
- Understand current evaluation and treatment of infertility
- Understand assisted reproductive technologies
- Evaluate sexual dysfunction at the menopause
- Assess patients for suspected polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Discuss current approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of Osteoporosis
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sun Jul 15||Stockholm, Sweden
|Mon Jul 16||Helsinki, Finland
Lectures: 8:00am - 11:00am
|11:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Tue Jul 17||St. Petersburg, Russia
* See visa information below
|Wed Jul 18||St. Petersburg, Russia
|Thu Jul 19||Tallinn, Estonia
||7:00 am||4:00 pm|
|Fri Jul 20||Riga, Latvia
Lectures: 8:00am - 11:00am
|11:00 am||7:00 pm|
|Sat Jul 21||Cruising
Lectures: 8:00am - 12:00 Noon ; 1:00pm - 5:00pm
|Sun Jul 22||Stockholm, Sweden
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.