7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Conference
Round-trip Fort Lauderdale, FL
May 12 - 19, 2018
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Dr. Kuhn is in full-time private practice in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Center for Women&339;s Health in Langhorne, Pennsylvania where he has been a principal since its inception in 1995. He has reached an auspicious milestone in his career; babies he delivered years ago return to him now having children of their own.
Dr. Kuhn completed his undergraduate education at The University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and earned his medical degree from UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine. Dr. Kuhn completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Temple University Hospital where he served as Chief Resident.
Dr. Kuhn has been recognized by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd as one of America's "Top Docs" and has been featured in Philadelphia Magazine's annual "Top Docs" issue since 2006, most recently in May of 2016. He has been a featured speaker on Women's Health Issues for University at Sea since 2014.
Dr. Kuhn has special expertise and training in DaVinci Robotic surgery, Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive procedures. He has participated in multiple medical missions to the Dominican Republic.
He currently lives in Bucks County, PA with his lovely wife, is immensely proud of his three sons, and enjoys skiing, scuba-diving and lots of coffee.
Amy Harvey O'Keeffe, MD, FACOG
Dr. Harvey O'Keeffe is a board‐certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist and a partner at the Center for Women's Health in Langhorne, Pennsylvania.
She is an attending physician at St. Mary Medical Center in Langhorne, PA, and Capital Health Medical Center in Hopewell, NJ.
Dr. Harvey O'Keeffe obtained her medical degree in 1990 from Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and she completed her residency in the Department of OB/GYN at Temple University Hospital in 1994.
Dr. Harvey O'Keeffe has been honored to be listed as a "Top Doc" by her physician colleagues in Philadelphia Magazine and is known for her unique practice style that blends wellness coaching, integrative medicine, and comprehensive gynecologic care.
She obtained her medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She completed her residency in the Department of OB/GYN at Temple University Hospital where she also received the Chairman's Resident of the Year Award.
She travels worldwide to educate healthcare professionals about the latest updates in women's health and has been a speaker for University at Sea since 2006. Dr. Harvey O'Keeffe previously co-hosted a weekly medical radio program,"The Medical View: East Meets West," in Philadelphia, PA. She speaks regularly in the Greater Philadelphia area and is passionate about educating and coaching physicians as well as her patients.
Dr. Harvey O'Keeffe is also a Master Level Reiki Practitioner and she incorporates various modalities of integrative medicine in caring for her patients. She is actively involved in the Teal Tea Foundation dedicated to ovarian cancer awareness and clinical research, and is the founder and co&moderator of the GyniGirls, a support group for women in the local community diagnosed with gynecologic cancers. Her humanitarian work includes being a co‐leader of an annual medical mission to the Dominican Republic for ten years.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
The course is specifically geared towards any practitioner who treats women, including gynecologists, family physicians, internists, nurse practitioners, and nurses
- Contraception: What's New and What's Old? Learn the options both old and new, learn how to counsel your patients on effective contraception and how to assist them in choosing the right method.
- Urinary Incontinence, Diagnosis, and Treatment Options from A to Z: Learn how to diagnosis and treat all types of urinary incontinence, become familiar with the newest surgical and non-surgical options that your patients are reading about.
- New Gynecological Surgeries, Old Procedures With New Faces, and Patient Selection 101: Learn the surgical options that are the latest "hot topics," and help your patient achieve the best results using an individualized approach.
- Bugs and Drugs: Learn the basics of sexually transmitted diseases and vaginitis: counseling and prevention, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Bleeding: How much is too much?: Learn how to evaluate women with dysfunctional uterine bleeding, how to guide them through the process of treatment options, learn the difference between the various hormonal and surgical options. r
- WHI is 15 years old!: Learn the up-to-date stratified WHI data released over the last 15 years, learn some tips on how to counsel your patients on the use of HRT and the options they now have, get the latest information on helping your patients after menopause-from bones to vaginas and beyond.
- Osteoporosis- Get an update on the evaluation and management of bone health, and learn who to screen and when.
- Breast Diseases: Benign and Beyond:Describe the evaluation of a breast mass and create a treatment plan for evaluating an abnormal mammogram.
- Ovarian Masses: What's a Doctor to Do?: Describe the features of an ovarian mass that make it suspicious for a malignancy as well as those features that are low and indeterminate risk.
- Female Sexuality: Where Do I Begin? Describe the evaluation and outline an initial treatment plan of a patient diagnosed with a sexual dysfunction
- Vulvar Pain Syndromes and Dermatological Disorders: Describe the 3 most common vulvar skin conditions and outline the evaluation and treatment of a patient with a vulvar skin condition.
- Cancer and Genetics: Identify patients at higher risk for breast and ovarian cancer and devise a plan for referral of these high risk patients for genetic counseling and testing.
- Pap Smears and HPV : What's New?: Describe the recommended cervical cancer screening guidelines for a low risk and an at risk patient and outline a strategy for application of the these guidelines to their clinical practice.
- Teaching Wellness to Wonder Woman: Develop a strategy to counsel patients during a well-woman visit on basic lifestyle changes that will improve her overall quality of life.
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
Nurse Practitioners can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed aanpcert.org/ptistore/control/recert/ce_opps.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sat May 12|| Fort Lauderdale, Florida
|Sun May 13||At Sea
|Mon May 14||At Sea
|Tue May 15||Philipsburg, St.Maarten
||8:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Wed May 16||San Juan, Puerto Rico
||7:00 am||3:00 pm|
|Thu May 17|| Labadee, Haiti
||9:30 am||6:00 pm|
|Fri May 18||At Sea
|Sat May 19|| Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.