7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise Conference
Round-trip San Juan, Puerto Rico
June 30 - July 07, 2018
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
5½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Clinical Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, Ohio
Associate Director Summa Family Medicine Residency; and Clinical Director Family Medicine Center of Akron, Akron, Ohio.
Dr. Krishen is a Professor of Family and Community Medicine at Northeast Ohio Medical University in Rootstown, Ohio. He currently is the Chief Medial Officer for Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio.
Previously he worked for 25 years as Associate Director at Summa Family Medicine Residency in Akron, Ohio where he provided care to patients, taught residents and served as the Clinical Director of the Family Medicine Center of Akron. He has received the Summa Family Medicine Teacher of the Year Award. Most recently he was the lead physician on the second successful attainment of NCQA Level 3 PCMH certification for the Family Medicine Residency practice site. He has presented Family Medicine and General Medicine updates for CEI several times over the last 5 years.
Dr. Krishen completed is Bachelor of Science in Chemistry at Kent State University and his Medical Degree from Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine. He earned a Masters in Medical Management for Carnegie Mellon University in 2009. He completed his internship and residency in Family Medicine at Akron City Hospital in Akron, Ohio.
Jay C. Williamson, MD
Professor of Family Medicine
Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)
Associate Director-Summa Family Medicine Residency
Dr. Williamson is a board certified family physician. He has served as Associate Dean for Clinical Sciences as well as interim dean at NEOMED in 2010. Dr Williamson was program director for the Family Medicine Residency at Summa Health in Akron Ohio until 1995.
Throughout his career he has developed several areas of expertise in various aspects of health care delivery and medical education. He has vast experience in continuing medical education(CME) at both the state and national levels. He is chair of CME at Summa Health as well as chair of the Ohio State Medical Association's Committee on Accreditation.
He is a past member of the Committee on Review and Recognition for the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education(ACCME). He has also served on the boards of the Summit County Health Department and SummaCare Insurance Company. He is the current board chair of AxessPointe, a federally qualified Health Center(FQHC) in Akron, Ohio. Dr Williamson is a seasoned lecturer and immediate past President and CMO of Summa Physicians,Inc. He currently maintains an active clinical practice.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Subclinical Thyroid Disorders
- Identify and determine treatment for subclinical thyroid disorders
- Thyroid Disorders
- Devise appropriate work up and evaluation of hyper and hypothyroid disorders
- Tobacco Cessation
- Develop appropriate tobacco cessation interventions for daily practice
- Asthma Guidelines and Treatment
- Manage acute and chronic asthma in the clinical setting using current guidelines for step therapy
- Diagnose, manage and improve prevention of influenza
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Identify and apply screening and basic management strategies for sleep apnea
- Differentiate and summarize diagnosis and treatment of pertussis
- Hyperlipidemia Update -Following the ACC/AHA Cholesterol guidelines
- Describe and examine the new therapeutic guidelines
- Evidence-based Medicine review:A Potpourri of Adult and Pediatric topics
- Present evidence based questions that stimulate discussion and raise questions.
- Hypertension Update-From JNC-7 to Sprint
- Propose how the new guidelines can be applied to every day practice
- Celiac Disease-An Update on Diagnosis and Treatment
- Assess the long term risks and rewards with treatment
- A Clinical Pathological Conference-A challenging case
- Stimulate discussion about an uncommon clinical scenario
- Evaluation of Incidentalomas-A common challenge in primary care
- Illustrate the diagnosis and workup of common types of incidentalomas.
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sat Jun 30||San Juan, Puerto Rico
|Sun Jul 01||Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI
||7:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Mon Jul 02||At Sea - Cruising
Lectures: 8:00 am-12:00 pm, 1-4 pm
|Tue Jul 03||Willemstad, Curacao
||8:00 am||8:00 pm|
|Wed Jul 04||Oranjestad, Aruba
||7:00 am||11:00 pm|
|Thu Jul 05||At Sea - Cruising
Lectures: 8:00 am-12:00 pm, 1-4 pm
|Fri Jul 06||Basseterre, St. Kitts
||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Sat Jul 07||San Juan, Puerto Rico
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.