Topics in Gastroenterology and Pulmonology for PCPs
7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise Conference
Round-trip San Juan, Puerto Rico
July 21 - 28, 2018
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Dr. Rumbak is a Professor of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care & Occupational Medicine in the Department of Internal Medicine, at the University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida. He is the Director of Bronchoscopy & Chief in the Clinical Research Unit, Pulmonary & Critical Care at James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital, Tampa, Florida.
Dr. Rumbak is from Johannesburg, South Africa, where he went to medical school and did his residency and Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical care medicine. He came to the US IN 1987, spent five years at the University of Tennessee in Memphis, and then came to the University of South Florida in Tampa. Dr Rumbak's main interest is interventional pulmonary medicine, including pulmonary arterial hypertension. He is the Governor for Florida for the American College of Chest Physicians.
He is a full professor and is on staff at four hospitals including the James A Haley Hospital, Tampa General Hospital and Florida Hospital, Tampa.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Evaluation of the Asymptomatic Patient with Abnormal LFT's on Routine Testing
- The participant will be able to interpret and work up the abnormal liver tests on routine testing.
- The Gas We Pass or Clearing the Air About Flatulance
- To better understand the Physiology of gas in the GI Tract; to enable better diagnosis and treatment of this common problem.
- Less Common Causes of Liver Disease, not Alcohol-Case Studies
- Improve the knowledge of non- Alcohol related liver diseases and through case studies improve the work up.
- Dysphagia-A Subject Hard to Swallow
- After this session, the providers will be able to improve their diagnostic approach to history taking and work up of dysphagia.
- Acute Diarrhea - More than Just a Nuisance?
- Differentiate between acute and chronic diarrhea and make better decisions in the work up of acute diarrhea.
- Probiotics and GI Disease
- To differentiate between Prebiotics and Probiotics: be able to discuss the current evidence for their use in GI Disease.
- Acute Pancreatitis
- The provider will be able to discuss the mechanisms of acute pancreatitis & differentiate the mild from severe cases.
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sat Jul 21||San Juan, Puerto Rico
|Sun Jul 22||Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI
||7:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Mon Jul 23||At Sea - Cruising
|Tue Jul 24||Willemstad, Curacao
||8:00 am||8:00 pm|
|Wed Jul 25||Oranjestad, Aruba
||7:00 am||11:00 pm|
|Thu Jul 26||At Sea - Cruising
|Fri Jul 27||Basseterre, St. Kitts
||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Sat Jul 28||San Juan, Puerto Rico
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.