Topics in Critical Care and Pulmonary Medicine:
11-Night Northern & Western Europe Cruise Conferencefrom London, United Kingdom to Stockholm, Sweden
June 11 - 22, 2019
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Dr. Rumbak is is the Division Director of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at the Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida. He is head of 3 hospitals; Tampa General, Moffitt Cancer Center and the James A Haley VA Hospital in Tampa. He is mainly at TGH. He practices Pulmonary and Critical Care as well as Interventional Pulmonary Medicine. The Division has 3 ICU's at TGH: MICU, a consult ICU for Cardiology, Internal Medicine and Neurology and a post op Cardiothoracic ICU where he treats CABG, Valve replacement, root repairs, heart and lung transplants, VADS and ECMO.
Dr. Rumbak is from Johannesburg, South Africa, where he went to medical school and did his residency and Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical care medicine. He came to the US IN 1987, spent five years at the University of Tennessee in Memphis, and then came to the University of South Florida in Tampa.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Recognize and Diagnose Asthma
- Workup an asthmatic
- Treatment according to 2017 GINA Guidelines
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Appreciate, Diagnose and treat COPD according to 2017 GOLD International Guidelines
- Workup COPD patients
- Severe asthma
- Learn the newer biologicals drugs
- Understand Bronchial-thermoplasty
- Understand how to prevent severe asthma
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- PAH is not a rare disease and the audience will be able to diagnose and manage the patients
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF)
- Understand IPF
- Diagnose and treat IPF
- Community- Acquired Pneumonia (CAP)
- Diagnose CAP
- Prevent CAP
- Treat CAP
- Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia
- Prevent VAP
- Diagnose VAP
- Treat VAP
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- New Understanding for this form of cardiorespiratory support
- Manage the patients
- Vit C and S for the Treatment of Septic Shock
- Understand the history of steroid usage in Septic Shock
- Appreciate the treatmnet of Septic Shock
- Fluid Management in Septic Shock
- After diagnosis the role of fluid resuscitation to get blood pressure up and its complications
- Understand the role of ethics in medicine
- Case presentation will be explained to highlight points
- Pulmonary Embolus
- How to prevent
- How to diagnose
- How to treat PE
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) initial diagnosis was 50 years ago
- Diagnose ARDS
- Understand the treatment and controversies
- Respiratory failure
- Diagnose Respiratory failure
- Treat Respiratory failure
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Tue Jun 11||Greenwich (London), United Kingdom
|Wed Jun 12||Greenwich (London), United Kingdom (Tendered)
Lectures: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
|Thu Jun 13||Amsterdam, Netherlands
|9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Fri Jun 14||Kiel Canal, Germany (Scenic cruising)
Lectures: 8:00 am - 12 Noon
|11:00 am||8:00 pm|
|Sat Jun 15||Copenhagen, Denmark
||8:00 am||10:00 pm|
|Sun Jun 16||At Sea - Cruising
Lectures: 8:00 am -12 Noon
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
|Mon Jun 17||Helsinki, Finland
||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Tue Jun 18||St. Petersburg, Russia
|Wed Jun 19||St. Petersburg, Russia
|Thu Jun 20||St. Petersburg, Russia
|Fri Jun 21||Tallinn, Estonia
|8:00 am||3:00 pm|
|Sat Jun 22||Stockholm, Sweden
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.