Preventive Medicine, Preventive Cardiology & Personalized Medicine
7-Night Southern Caribbean Holiday Cruise Conference
Round-trip San Juan, Puerto Rico
December 30, 2017- January 06, 2018
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
9 Hours of Pharmacology
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Diplomate, American Board of Clinical Lipidology
Physician cofounder AvanceMD Concierge & Medispa, Richmond, VA
Chief of Cardiometabolic Education, Foundation for Health Improvement & Technology (nonprofit) Co-founder MD21.com virtual medicine
Dr. Tara Dall is a board certified lipidologist with roots in family medicine and training at the University of Wisconsin Madison. She has spent the last 15 years using advanced biomarker testing in the clinical care of patients. She graduated in the inaugural class of Diplomates of the American Board of Clinical Lipidology in 2005. Her center achieved national recognition as the first fully certified Level II lipid clinic in the United States.
In 2008, Dr. Dall formed the Early Detection Center for heart disease and diabetes near Madison, Wisconsin and served as a clinical associate professor for the Medical College of Wisconsin. Two years later, she brought her fight against heart disease to the web, co-founding Lecturepad.org and FHITtv.org, web platforms that advance clinical understanding and application of advanced lipid and biomarker testing.
For 3 years Dr. Dall served as Chief Medical Officer of Health Diagnostic Laboratory. As an author and educator on biomarker research focused on the role that insulin resistance plays in diabetes prevention she has expanded the education of physicians to prevent chronic disease. She has a special interest in insulin resistance's role in cardiovascular disease, women's heart disease, Autoimmune disease, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and obesity. She also serves as chief of cardiometabolic education at the non-profit Foundation for Health Improvement and Technology (FHIT).
Known for her passionate delivery of complex medical topics in patient-friendly terms, Dr. Dall is a sought after speaker, traveling the world to present research on advanced biomarkers. She is a also a regular go-to for reporters, appearing on Bloomberg News, CBS Sports, CNN Radio, Reach MD Satellite Radio, and RadioHealth Journal. She was also a regular guest on KTXD-TV's The Broadcast in Dallas, as well as programs on wabcradio.com (Optimal wellness and Forever Young). She continues to practice medicine as a physician founder of AvanceMD Concierge in Richmond, VA which incorporates cutting edge web based technology to the human touch of medicine, providing services to local as well as national and international clients.
Wayne L. Peters, MD
Managing Partner and the Medical Director of HealthMark LLC, a private Internal Medicine/Preventive Medicine /Complementary Medicine Clinic in Denver, CO
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
Dr. Wayne L. Peters is a native of Rapid City, South Dakota. He received his BA from Saint Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota (1969) and his MD from the University of Colorado (1973). He received his internal medicine training at the University of Florida, Jacksonville and was Chief of the General Internal Medicine Division at that institution from 1976 to 1982.
From 1982 to 1984 he served as a Henry J. Kaiser Fellow in General Internal Medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School. Following his fellowship, he remained at the Massachusetts General Hospital as Director of the Lipid Consultation Service. He also taught in the Department of Preventive Medicine at Harvard Medical School under the direction of Dr. Alexander Leaf, who was involved in marine-oil research for over 25 years.
In 1986, Dr. Peters returned to Colorado to assume his present positions as Medical Director/Partner of HealthMark LLC, a private priventive medicine clinic, and as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Complex Lipid Management
- Part 1 - Maximizing Atherogenic Lipid Risk Reduction
- Part 2 - Raising HDL Cholesterol and Lowering Triglycerides--Does it Really Matter?
- Biomarkers - Reviewing the Options and their Clinical Utility
- Genetic Testing for Personalized Medicine‐MTHFR, apo E, and Multiple Emerging Choices
- Gut Health and the Microbiome - A Window into Chronic Disease
- PCOS and Metabolic Disease in Women - Preventing Heart Disease and Diabetes
- Case Studies
- Preventive Medicine from A to Z
- Discuss state-of-the-art cardiovascular and global preventive medicine principles
- Reaching Blood Pressure Goals-A Focus on Isolated Systolic and Resistant Hypertension
- Differential methods to diagnose resistant hypertension and achieve treatment goals
- The Impact of Recent Clinical Trials on Preventive Cardiology in the Office-Let's Make the Cardiologist as Lonely as the Maytag
- Appropriately apply primary and secondary cardiovascular prevention goals
- Travel Medicine‐Staying Well Away From Home
- Analyze a patient's requirements for prevention and treatment of travel-related health problems
- The Bipolar Blues, Balls of Fire, and Bad Temperament - How to Bag the Diagnosis and Benefit the Patient
- Feel more confident in differentiating between unipolar and bipolar mood disorders
- Defeating Dementia‐What Can WE Do?
- Explain diagnostic, treatment, and prevention strategies for Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment by Imaging - Heart Scans and Carotid and Abdominal Ultrasounds
- Utilize coronary artery calcium scores and carotid/abdominal ultrasounds results to design appropriate primary vascular prevention strategies
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sat Dec 30||San Juan, Puerto Rico
|Sun Dec 31||Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI
||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Mon Jan 01||At Sea - Cruising
Lectures: 8-Noon; 1:00pm-5:00pm
|Tue Jan 02||St. George's, Grenada
|8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Wed Jan 03||Bridgetown, Barbados
|8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Thu Jan 04||Fort-de-France, Martinique
|8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Fri Jan 05||Basseterre, St. Kitts
||8:00 am||4:30 pm|
|Sat Jan 06||San Juan, Puerto Rico
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.