Medical Ethics and Legal Medicine
7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Conference
Round-trip Fort Lauderdale, FL
May 26 - June 2, 2018
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
CLE may be available
2 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$495 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Dr. Blaylock is a past ACLM Board Member, lecturer and winner of the Jefferson Cup and President's Award. Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Legal Medicine, Dr. Blaylock has worked in Emergency Medicine Level I/II Trauma Center for 31 years in Portland, Oregon. He has also worked as a Defense Trial Attorney for 25 years.
Nominated Outstanding Alumnus of the University of Tennessee Medical School (2007, 2008), Dr. Blaylock has also been on the Alumni Board of Governors for the University of Tennessee Medical School since 2007. Dr. Blaylock has worked on emergency medicine Disaster Teams in Mexico City, Guatemala, Ground Zero in New York City, and Hurricane Katrina disaster sites.
Dr. Blaylock has served as Adjunct Professor of Law at the Northwestern School of Law at Lewis & Clark as well as Clinical Instructor of Emergency Medicine at OHSU in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Blaylock worked with Providence Medical Group as Medical Director, Tanasbourne Immediate Care (2005 - 2009).
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
LEGAL MEDICINE & MEDICAL ETHICS
- WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION
- ABLM-UAS Seminar Program
- Welcome Cruise Seminar Attendees
- Glossary of Legal Medicine Terms
- ETHICS & BIOETHICS - 1 Hour
- Medical Ethics Topics, Professionalism, and Communication
- Ethics and Bioethics
- Medscape Ethics Questionnaire
- REGULATION OF MEDICAL PRACTICE - Overview of State and Federal Laws - 2 Hours
- Medical Education and Licensing
- Peer Review, Credentialing, and Privileging
- Health Care Professional Impairment
- HIPAA HITECH
- HIPAA - FAQs
- EMTALA (03-f_Slides)
- OSHA (03-g_Slides)
- Affordable Care Act and ACOs - Legal Concerns
- Affordable Care Act and ACOs - Legal Concerns
- ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS (EHR) versus ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS (EMR) - 1 Hour
- Meaningful Use Stages I, 2 (2014) and 3 (2016)
- Electronic Informed Consent
- EHR Malpractice Liability
- EHR Spoliation
- END-OF-LIFE DECISIONS - Ethical and Legal Issues -1 Hour
- The Dying Process
- CA_POLST Modified
- Classification of Euthanasia
- Determination of Death Report
- End-of-Life Decisions (05-e_Slides)
- FEDERAL AND STATE REGULATION OF PAIN MANAGEMENT - 1 Hour
- War on Doctors (Part I) - (06-a_pdf)
- War on Doctors (Part II) - (06-b_pdf)
- Legal Aspects of Pain Management AND FDA REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy) Program
- MEDICAL AND FORENSIC EXPERT WITNESS AND TESTIMONY - 2 Hour
- Medical Expert Testimony
- Deposition of Expert Witness
- Direct and Cross Examination of Expert at Trial
- Ethical and Legal Aspects of Expert Witness Testimony
- OFFICIAL DISABILITY GUIDELINES AND AMA GUIDES IN WORKERS COMPENSATION AND NON-OCCUPATIONAL INJURIES - 1 Hour
- Medical Evidence in Workers' Compensation Cases
- Evidence Based Medicine and Official Disability Guidelines
- PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL LIABILITY & NURSING MALPRACTICE - 3 Hours
- American Law and Judicial Process
- Medical Negligence: Causes, Prevention and Defenses
- Capacity, Competency, Informed Consent and Informed Refusal
- Hospital Liability, CRNAs, Nurses, PAs and Nurse Practitioners
- Medical Malpractice Stress Syndrome
- So you are sued, what next!
- Fraud and Abuse and Criminal Negligence
- MEDICAL MALPRACTICE MOCK TRIAL - 2 Hours
- MOCK TRIAL: Never Event Medical Error (Video Presentation) 2 Hours
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Approval: Continuing Education, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Continuing Education, Inc. maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Designation: As an organization approved by the American Psychological Association, Continuing Education, Inc. is offering this activity for a maximum of 14 hours of continuing education credit. Full attendance is required; no partial credit will be given for partial attendance.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sat May 26||Fort Lauderdale, Florida
|Sun May 27||Nassau, Bahamas
||7:00 am||2:00 pm|
|Mon May 28||At Sea
|Tue May 29||Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
||10:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Wed May 30||Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis
||7:00 am||4:00 pm|
|Thu May 31||At Sea
|Fri Jun 01||At Sea
|Sat Jun 02||Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.