Topics in Addiction Medicine, Mental Health, Obesity, and Preventive Medicine
12-Night British Isles and French Open Cruise Conference
from Dublin, Ireland to Amsterdam, Netherlands
June 7 - 19, 2018
16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
16 Contact Hours
16 CE Credits
11 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
$995 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$750 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$595 Nurses & Others
BIAS FREE CME -No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Dr.Edward Fisher received his BA in Biology and PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and his BS in Pharmacy at Temple University College of Pharmacy. He has been granted tenure at three different universities. His first academic position was at Southwestern Oklahoma State University College of Pharmacy where he was promoted to Associate Professor. Subsequently, he went on to help start up three new colleges of pharmacy (in bold), Midwestern University-Glendale College of Pharmacy as Professor and Inaugural Department Chair of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The Daniel K Inouye College of Pharmacy, University of Hawaii at Hilo, as Professor and Associate Dean. He also served as the Director of the MS in Clinical Psychopharmacology program. His current position is Professor and Dean, College of Pharmacy, Marshall B. Ketchum University, Fullerton, California
Dr Fisher is licensed as a pharmacist in Arizona and Pennsylvania, and has practiced in a variety of clinical settings. He has devised and presented over 100 continuing education seminars and innovative NSF sponsored short courses. He is a past National Secretary of Rho Chi, the only pharmacy honor society, and recipient of the National Rho Chi Advisor of the Year award. In addition to his administrative responsibilities, he currently plans to continue teaching in his areas of expertise which includes: substances of abuses, nutrition, and the pharmacotherapy of mental disorders.
Wayne L. Peters, MD
Managing Partner and the Medical Director of HealthMark LLC, a private Internal Medicine/Preventive Medicine /Complementary Medicine Clinic in Denver, CO
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
Dr. Wayne L. Peters is a native of Rapid City, South Dakota. He received his BA from Saint Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota (1969) and his MD from the University of Colorado (1973). He received his internal medicine training at the University of Florida, Jacksonville and was Chief of the General Internal Medicine Division at that institution from 1976 to 1982.
From 1982 to 1984 he served as a Henry J. Kaiser Fellow in General Internal Medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School. Following his fellowship, he remained at the Massachusetts General Hospital as Director of the Lipid Consultation Service. He also taught in the Department of Preventive Medicine at Harvard Medical School under the direction of Dr. Alexander Leaf, who was involved in marine-oil research for over 25 years.
In 1986, Dr. Peters returned to Colorado to assume his present positions as Medical Director/Partner of HealthMark LLC, a private priventive medicine clinic, and as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Overview of substance use disorders (addiction) and diversion: epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis and pharmacological and pharmacokinetic properties of commonly abused substances - Part one:
- Describe the scope of the problem of substance-related disorders (substance use, abuse, diversion)
- Overview of substance use disorders (addiction) and diversion: epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis and pharmacological and pharmacokinetic properties of commonly abused substances - Part two, and Consequences and Prevention of Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Distinguish the changes to diagnostic criteria between DSM-IV-TR to DSM-5 for substance-use disorders
- Pharmacotherapy for Substance Use Disorders - Ethanol, Nicotine, and Opioids
- Compare and contrast the efficacy of drugs used to treat substance use disorders
- Obesity and weight control including pharmacotherapy for both OTC and prescription drugs
- Compare and contrast the efficacy of drugs used for the short- and long-term treatment of obesity.
- Preventative Medicine from A to Z
- Discuss state-of-the art cardiovascular and global preventative medicine principles.
- Travel Medicine - Staying Well Away From Home
- Analyze a patient's requirements for prevention and treatment of travel-related health problems
- Reaching New 2017 Blood Pressure Goals - A Focus on Isolated Systolic and Resistant Hypertension
- Differentiate methods to diagnose resistant hypertension and achieve update treatment goals.
- Is Something FISHY Here? The FACTS About Marine Oils and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
- Understand omega-3 fatty acids and their possible role in disease prevention.
- The Bipolar Blues, Balls of Fire, and Bad Temperament - How to Bag the Diagnosis and Benefit the Patient
- Feel more confident in differentiating between unipolar and bipolar mood disorders.
- The Impact of Recent Clinical Trials on Preventative Cardiology in the Office - Let's Make the Cardiologist as Lonely as the Maytag Repairman
- Appropriately apply primary and secondary cardiovascular prevention goals.
- Male Osteoporosis - A Case Study: Weak Struts, Linoleum, Rice Cakes, and 8 Clicks
- Diagnosing and managing a case of male osteoporosis.
- Defeating Dementia - What Can WE Do?
- Understand dementia natural history, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment strategies.
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
Approval: Continuing Education, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Continuing Education, Inc. maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Designation: As an organization approved by the American Psychological Association, Continuing Education, Inc. is offering this activity for a maximum of 16 hours of continuing education credit. Full attendance is required; no partial credits will be offered for partial attendance.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Thu Jun 07||Dublin, Ireland
|Fri Jun 08||At Sea - Cruising
|Sat Jun 09||Le Havre (Paris, Honfleur), France
|Sun Jun 10||Le Havre (Paris, Honfleur), France
|Mon Jun 11||At Sea - Cruising
|Tue Jun 12||Liverpool, England
|Wed Jun 13||Liverpool, England
|Thu Jun 14||Belfast, Northern Ireland
||9:15 am||7:45 pm|
|Fri Jun 15||Waterford (Dunmore E.), Ireland
||9:30 am||7:00 pm|
|Sat Jun 16||Cork (Cobh), Ireland
||7:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Sun Jun 17||St. Peter Port, Channel Islands
||10:30 am||7:00 pm|
|Mon Jun 18||At Sea - Cruising
|Tue Jun 19||Amsterdam, Netherlands
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.