Comprehensive Dermatology, Allergy, and Immunology Update for the PCP, Emphasizing Diagnostic and Therapeutic Tips and Tricks
13-Night Singapore and Hong Kong Cruise Conference
From Singapore to Hong Kong, China
April 26 - May 9, 2019
21 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
21 Contact Hours
$1,095 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy & Dentists
$850 for Physicians Assistants, Nurse Practioners
$695 for Nurses & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Professor and Chair
Department of Dermatology
Professor and Interim Chair
Department of Pathology
University of Mississippi Medical Center.
Member, Board of Directors, American Board of Dermatology
Past President, American Board of Dermatology
Robert T. Brodell, MD is a graduate of Washington and Jefferson College ('75) and the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry ('79). Following two years of internal medicine residency at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, New York, Bob completed his dermatology residency and dermatopathology fellowship at Barnes Hospital in St Louis, Missouri.
He practiced for 27 years in Warren, Ohio and was director of Skin Pathology Services, Inc. Known for his passion for teaching, Dr Brodell has performed 1,482 lectures and directed 38 symposia at local, regional, and national venues. He has 343 publications and has written two books: The Diagnosis and Treatment of Warts: An Evidence Based Approach (2003) and Tips and Tricks in Procedural Dermatology (2017). He has reviewed articles for 28 journals and served on the editorial board of 3 journals. He has participated in 38 multi center clinical trials. Bob enjoys traveling, skiing, and visiting his 5 children.
Roger W. Fox, MD
Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics
USF Health Morsani College of Medicine
After receiving his medical degree at St. Louis University School of Medicine, he completed his 3 years of Internal Medicine and 2 years in Allergy and Immunology at the University of South Florida in Tampa. He joined the faculty at USF in the Division of Allergy and Immunology. He was recognized for his 30 years of service to USF College of Medicine and to the Tampa VA Department of Medicine. He is a Fellow in the American College of Physicians and the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
He has been elected as The Best Doctors in America for the past decade. He serves as the Director of A/I Fellow Training, and he has trained 75 Allergy/Immunology Fellows. He has an extensive list of contributions in the literature, and presentations at local, national and international meetings. He has been on various boards including the Hillsborough County Medical Association and Florida Allergy Asthma and Immunology Society and many committees in the Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Drug Allergy
- Food Allergy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Indoor Allergies
- Auto inflammatory Syndromes
- Approach to Dermatologic Diagnosis
- Apply approaches to dermatologic diagnosis to your practice
- Dunbar M. Brodell RT, Helms SE. 2 Dermatology: XVI Approach to the diagnosis of skin disease. In: Nabel, EG, editor. ACP medicine [loose-leaf]. Hamilton (ON): Decker Intellectual Properties; 2013
- Superficial Fungal infections and the KOH Prep
- Determine when to perform a KOH Preparation
- Utilize a step-by-step method to perform the optimal KOH preparation
- Distinguishing scabies from other pruritic conditions
- Determine when to perform a Scabies Preparation
- Utilize a step-by-step method to perform the optimal Scabies preparation
- Moles: Benign vs Malignant
- Distinguish benign vs malignant pigmented skin lesions
- Non-Melanoma skin cancer: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Distinguish benign vs malignant non-pigmented skin lesions
- Basic Dermatologic Procedures including Tips and Tricks
- Perform common simple dermatologic procedures
- Incorporate tips and tricks to make procedures as quick, efficient, effective, and reproducible as possible
- Advanced Dermatologic Procedures
- Manage patients with appropriate referral for more complex procedures
- Mississippi Nigeria Education and Mentoring Exchange (MNEME)-Enugu, Nigeria
- Recognize the amazing educational, research and teaching opportunities available in the underdeveloped world
- Interactice Sessions I and II
Ask The Professor
- Learn diagnosis in dermatology through rapid-fire Socratic case-based interactive sessions that make learning fun and enhance recall
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 21 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Fri Apr 26||Singapore, Singapore
|Sat Apr 27||Singapore, Singapore
|Sun Apr 28||Cruising the South China Sea
Lectures: 9 am - Noon; 1 pm - 4 pm
|Mon Apr 29||Koh Samui, Thailand
||8:00 am||4:00 pm|
|Tue Apr 30||Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand
||7:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Wed May 01||Sihanoukville, Cambodia
||10:00 am||11:00 pm|
|Thu May 02||Cruising the Coast of Vietnam
Lectures: 9 am - Noon; 1 pm - 3 pm
|Fri May 03||Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam
|Sat May 04||Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam
|Sun May 05||Cruising the Coast of Vietnam
Lectures: 9 am - Noon; 1 pm - 4 pm
|Mon May 06||Chan May, Vietnam
||8:00 am||8:00 pm|
|Tue May 07||Cruising the South China Sea
Lectures: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
|Wed May 08||Nansha (Guangzhou), P.R. China
||6:00 am||3:00 pm|
|Wed May 08||Hong Kong SAR, P.R. China
|Thu May 09||Hong Kong SAR, China - Debark (pm)
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.