7-Night Western Mediterranean Cruise
Round-trip Barcelona, Spain
July 21 - July 28, 2019
8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™8 Contact Hours
3½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
$695 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists & Doctors of Pharmacy
$425 for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
$325 Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
Managing Partner and the Medical Director of HealthMark LLC, a private Internal Medicine/Preventive Medicine /Complementary Medicine Clinic in Denver, CO
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
Dr. Wayne L. Peters is a native of Rapid City, South Dakota. He received his BA from Saint Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota (1969) and his MD from the University of Colorado (1973). He received his internal medicine training at the University of Florida, Jacksonville and was Chief of the General Internal Medicine Division at that institution from 1976 to 1982.
From 1982 to 1984 he served as a Henry J. Kaiser Fellow in General Internal Medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School. Following his fellowship, he remained at the Massachusetts General Hospital as Director of the Lipid Consultation Service. He also taught in the Department of Preventive Medicine at Harvard Medical School under the direction of Dr. Alexander Leaf, who was involved in marine-oil research for over 25 years.
In 1986, Dr. Peters returned to Colorado to assume his present positions as Medical Director/Partner of HealthMark LLC, a private priventive medicine clinic, and as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
- Preventive Medicine from A to Z
- Discuss state-of-the art cardiovascular and global preventative medicine principles
- Reaching Blood Pressure Goals - A Focus on Isolated Systolic and Resistant Hypertension
- Differentiate methods to diagnose resistant hypertension and achieve treatment goals
- The Impact of Recent Clinical Trials on Preventative Cardiology in the Office - Le's Make the Cardiologist as Lonely as the Maytag Repairman
- Appropriately apply primary and secondary cardiovascular prevention goals
- Travel Medicine - Staying Well Away from Home
- Analyze a patient's requirements for prevention and treatment of travel-related health problems
- The Bipolar Blues, Balls of Fire, and Bad Temperament - How to Bag the Diagnosis and Benefit the Patient
- Feel more confident in differentiating between unipolar and bipolar mood disorders
- The Utility of Heart Scans for Detecting Subclinical CHD and the Primary Prevention of Coronary Heart Disease
- Utilize coronary artery calcium scores to design appropriate primary CHD prevention strategies
- Defeating Dementia: What Can WE Do?
- Explain diagnostic, treatment, and prevention strategies for Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia
- Male Osteoporosis - A Case Study of Weak Struts, Linoleum, Rice Cakes, and 8 Clicks
- Integrate knowledge regarding the diagnosis and treatment of male osteoporosis
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) .
Canadian Physicians: This activity is eligible for Section 1 credits in the Royal College’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program . Participants must log into MAINPORT to claim this activity.
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as needed.
Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sun Jul 21||Barcelona, Spain
|Mon Jul 22||Palma De Mallorca, Spain
||8:00 am||4:00 pm|
|Tue Jul 23||Marseille (Provence), France
||9:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Wed Jul 24||La Spezia (Cinque Terre/Florence/Pisa), Italy
||8:30 am||8:30 pm|
|Thu Jul 25||Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
||7:00 am||8:00 pm|
|Fri Jul 26||Naples (Pompeii/Salerno/Capri), Italy
||7:00 am||6:30 pm|
|Sat Jul 27||At Sea - Cruising
|Sun Jul 28||Barcelona, Spain
Please note that our shore excursions are operated separately and
independently of those offered by the cruise line.